06 October, 2010

International Babywearing Week!

That's right it's International Babywearing Week! I posted about the government working towards recalling all ring slings and potentially all soft slings the other day and I find it to be absolutely absurd. I learned about babywearing when X-man was just a little guy but never had many carriers. I recieved a mei tai that was made by someone free for shipping and took it on our trip to Ohio when he was just 9 months old. It wasn't until the train ride home that a wonderful mama showed me how to tie it properly and pointed me in the direction of The Baby Wearer and I was able to pick up even more info. When he was 2 I bought an Ergo before we made another trip to Ohio and I've been hooked ever since!

When L-train was born I borrowed a lovely La Leche League Didymos wrap from a friend and found the woven wrap love too, I wore him on my back for the first time when he was just 3 weeks old. A friend also sold me a ring sling that I wore him in literally from just a couple of days old until he was big enough for the Ergo. I am still urging EVERYONE to write to their Senators about stopping the recall of ring slings, even if you aren't an avid babywearer!

For more info on International Babywearing Week, as well as info on safely wearing your baby check out the IBW Website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to include your email like this in giveaway entries: threemenandmama(at)gmail(dot)com