13 March, 2011

Book Reviews!

I've been doing a bit more reading lately...finally. Two books I just finished were both free for kindle promotions and I have to say both were pretty good.

First I read "The Traitors Wife" by Susan Higginbotham.













I *really* liked this book, I'm dying to get my hands on the continuation of it. It had it's slow parts but was enough to get me hooked and want to keep on reading. The fact that the entire story was based on fact, not fiction, but real live people was pretty awesome too. The author seemed to have at least tried to keep it very historically accurate too. If you're a historical fiction buff like me..read it you won't be sorry!

I also just finished "The Healers Apprentice" by Melanie Dickerson















This was also set about the same time period as "The Traitors Wife", in the 1300s, but set in Germany instead of England. It was a quick and easy read but it captured me and I had to finish it. By 3/4 of the way through the book though I had more or less finished the ending, but I had to keep reading just to be sure! I highly suggest it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to include your email like this in giveaway entries: threemenandmama(at)gmail(dot)com