20 April, 2011

Nerd-gasm Warning

So I had iTunes playing last night and it hit me how much I missed band class. I miss playing music daily, I miss playing music period. I need to do it more, I just need to bust out my flute and play or order some oboe reeds and go to town. Hrm... I'm going to add that to the list of things I want to do.

The music that spurred this on...well for one. The Lord of the Rings Symphony No.1 by Johan De Meij. I'm going to admit to some serious Geek-ocity here...I can't tell you how many times I've closed my eyes, stood in the middle of the room and conducted this piece to my invisible orchestra. *sigh* One day, one day


Or you can listen to movement 5 (my favorite movement personally) The Hobbits here on youtube, though I highly recommend buying the CD. It's Excellent


And then there was this piece... Concertino for Four Percussion and Wind Ensemble. We played this in Wind Ensemble my Junior year of high school. It was hellish to learn but awesome once we pulled it off! No, this video isn't of my high school/class playing it though.




Just ONE more...Puszta: Four Gypsy Dances by Jan Van der Roost. Epic awesomeness. So much fun to play!!


I told you...nerdgasm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to include your email like this in giveaway entries: threemenandmama(at)gmail(dot)com