15 February, 2011

Sunshine Kids Dry-Seat Review


I recieved a Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products Dry Seat Waterproof Seat pad to review and I've got to say I'm somewhat impressed! Though a word of caution for use in carseats. You should NEVER use any aftermarket products not designated for use by your specific carseat manufacturer. We do own and use a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL carseat and we'll be trying this as an add-on to this seat. Especially when we start potty training Bug.

I don't however se it fitting in the seat very well with the toddler body suppot pillow in place. I tried it out in X-mans old Evenflo Generations 65 and it seemed to fit alright. One drawback I can see for use in ANY carseat is that it may cause difficulty in getting proper harness fit. It may be better for use in a belt-positioning booster vs. a 5pt harness seat.

                                     


To test the "waterproof" claim I decided to open my rockin' Klean Kanteen and dump a good amount of water in soaking the pad quite a bit. It did infact contain the water within the seat cover keeping the underside dry.The only drawback I can see would be if somehow water and or any other liquid was spilled directly over the buckle the seat underneath would get wet. Though not really a design flaw or anything that can be done differently either. There is a nice little guard area that should help minimize that where the buckle comes through the dry seat pad. I soaked the pad about an hour and a half ago and it's still fairly wet, I'm not sure how long it will take to air dry completely.


Overall I like this product, but I'm not in love with it. I would recommend this for someone who is looking for something to keep their stroller seats dry or for a belt positioning (Sunshine Kids only!) booster, not for use in a carseat that uses a harness system.

Disclaimer/Disclosure: I received a product for review, no other compensation was given.
For more information on my blogging practices, please see my disclosure policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to include your email like this in giveaway entries: threemenandmama(at)gmail(dot)com