30 July, 2011

What I'm listening to...



I love music. Music is a very important part of my life. I feel that it defines me. I still have a hard time getting "into" a lot of the more 'modern' music though. I'll gladly trade anything on the radio for a cd full of classical music. BUT I don't hate newer music either. I feel like it's definitely important! So, I thought I'd share some of my current favorites, the songs I'm listening to the most lately!

"Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova from the movie 'Once' Why I love this song: I really don't know. I just do. Something about it just draws me in and makes me want more!



"Anyone But You" by The Moldy Peaches (cause I puffy <3 Kimya Dawson) from the movie "Juno" Why I love this song: It so reminds me of Big Daddy and I. And I love it!

"What Wondrous Love"
Why I love this song: It reminds me of my senior year of high school. This piece had a small part in the marching band show my senior year. I will never forget it, our small french horn section (all 3 of us senior girls) was featured and one night at practice I remember my band teacher walking behind me as we marched saying, "You're our only hope! Do or do not there is no try! You can do it! That's it that's the tone we're looking for!" I have an extreme amount of respect for that man, and the fact that he related my playing and my geek-o-city only made me love him a little more :P



What are you listening to? What songs inspire you?


LinkShare_120x60_Button2v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to include your email like this in giveaway entries: threemenandmama(at)gmail(dot)com